Friday, February 7, 2014

Valentines tea




My husband is the hardest person to get a present for.  For Christmas this tear he picked out and bought his own present. I did wrap it put it under the tree.  Usually homemade presents are best if I pick something out but that doesn't always work out either.

For Valentines this year I did the usual thinking about it and at the last minute found some inspiration on Pinterest. I decided to buy some loose leaf tea and make tea bags. I bought way too much tea.  I probably only needed 1/4 of the tea I bought. For 15 bags you probably only need 1/2-3/4 ounce. I bought 2 ounces. My inspiration cane from here.  I free cut each heart. I used my machine to sew them.  After filling them with tea I sewed in the string when I filled the hole. The other end of the sting are paper hearts that have a word on each that I think of when I think oh my husband, ie loving, kind, caring etc. I decorated the tea tin the tea came in with decorative paper and stickers. I put the bags in a tin.  I put a valentine card on top of the tin. I got the valentine card from Here.

I am goin to give it to him tonight I will let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment